Saturday, November 30, 2013

LA: My Window Seat

Going to L.A. meant another opportunity to immerse myself in the experience of flying and observing our relationship with the earth from a vantage point I only get to have several times a year. I may have been riding airplanes since I was 5 years old but the view from my window seat never gets old. 

This post is simply about enjoying that view. 







LA stretched out sunny and populous below us as we approached. It is both flat and hilly and covers about 1300 square km.



If you look really closely at this photo above, you might be able to make out the airplane at around 11 o'clock. I tried to zoom in with my IPhone camera but at that distance you can see how the photo didn't come out very clearly.  I still find myself in awe of airplanes even though man has already gone to the moon and managed to send spacecrafts to other planets. It was kind of surreal watching that other plane hovering over the city with us. Somehow, I find the act of taking off less incomprehensible than just staying suspended in the air.





I do enjoy take-offs though. I love watching the ground speed past us and that moment that tells me we're off the ground.




We met a lot of cloud returning to Sydney and completely different terrain.





I hope you enjoyed the view.


No comments:

Post a Comment